These little cookies look like a piece of art, but they truly do taste as good as they look! When I was making these last night, I could not stop eating them and either could my 3 year old daughter, so great for the whole family! What I love about these Italian waffle cookies is that you can add so many different flavors to appeal to everyone’s taste buds.
My Favorite Flavor Add Ons:
Sprinkles (for Sophie)
So what is a Pizzelle and what does the word mean? A Pizzelle can be hard and crisp or soft and chewy depending on the recipe that you use and comes from the Italian word Pizze meaning round or flat. The original recipe from my Nanny creates a crispy cookie that can be enjoyed all by itself, with ice cream, coffee or dipped in chocolate! I hope you all enjoy these as much as our family!
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Sugar, Granulated
- 2 Tbsp Butter, Melted
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- heat pitzelle maker (follow instructions of machine)
- combine and whisk eggs, sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract
- slowly add flour and baking powder
- whisk until combined and all lumps are gone
- add 1 Tbsp of batter to pitzelle maker and bake until golden brown
- serve immediately or save for later!