Happy March!! It’s hard to believe that Spring is quickly approaching but I have to say, I am looking forward to a little sunshine around here! We have had such a mild winter in Texas, but the past few weeks have made me want spring more than ever…now lets start planning our warm weather parties!
A table covered in gourmet appetizers provides the perfect setting for a spring gathering. At the beginning of this new season, freshen up your menus with bite-size finger food, ideal for sharing or passing. With only five ingredients, herb goat cheese poppers keep it simple and small but full of flavor.
- 1 (8 ounce) log soft herb goat cheese
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1. Place flour, whisked egg and panko breadcrumbs each in individual bowls (do not mix together). Roll goat cheese into 24 balls (1 heaping teaspoon each).
- 2. Dip each goat cheese ball in flour, dip in egg and roll in panko; place each ball on a baking sheet and refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Heat oil in a small deep saucepan until it reaches 350 degrees F. Drop goat cheese balls into oil in batches of 4-6 at a time until golden and crisp on the outside. Remove balls with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain.
- 4. Serve goat cheese poppers immediately with your choice of dipping sauce.
Blackberry honey (pictured)
Sweet chili sauce