A full flavored Rosé made into the most refreshing slushy will keep you cool this summer. Frosé, also known as a Frozen Rosé is the perfect combination of your favorite Rosé wine, grapefruit juice, pomegranate juice and strawberry simple syrup. This is what summer dreams are made of!
Last month, my husband and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary and I have to say, I am so proud of the life that we have created together. We have worked hard, traveled a lot, started a beautiful family and I feel so lucky that I get to live this amazing life by his side.
Through all of our travels, one of the places we had not traveled together to was Napa Valley. To be totally honest, planning this Napa trip was a little overwhelming when I started researching the hundreds of wineries people had suggested and all the restaurants that sounded so delicious. So I started planning a little backwards, I chose to start with what I know best…Food! I planned and reserved all of the restaurants we wanted to go to and then we tackled the wineries. The food was as amazing as I imagined and the wineries had the most gorgeous scenery and of course incredible wine. We truly had the best weekend exploring, eating and drinking our way through Napa, but one of my favorite stops was at a very intimate wine tasting, eating the most amazing blue cheese I have ever had (I really need to find it local or get it shipped here :)) and learning the history of the vineyard (A mom an her two sons own the winery and live on the property…what a dream)! She walked us through every wine and every bite of cheese ending with Rose. She hosts different events and one of her favorite cocktails to serve is a Frose (Frozen Rose). This Frosé recipe was a little different than I had heard of and I loved the flavors that she incorporated. I was so excited to play around with this recipe using all the flavors she recommended and wow…it is more flavorful than any Frosé I have had. Combining your favorite Rose, grapefruit juice, a splash of pomegranate juice and strawberry simple syrup before freezing and blending makes for a perfect summer cocktail.
- 1 Bottle Rosé
- 1 Cup Grapefruit Juice
- ¼ Cup Pomegranate Juice
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Strawberries
- In a large ziplock bag, pour one bottle of Rose, grapefruit juice and pomegranate juice
- Freeze the Rose mixture overnight
- Once you are ready to serve, make the simple syrup and allow it to cool to room temperature
- Remove the frozen rose out of the freezer and place in the blender
- Pour 1 Cup of Strawberry Simple Syrup over the frozen rose and blend until slushy
- Pour into wine glasses and enjoy immediately!
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine granulated sugar and water
- Allow them to come to a simmer until the sugar is dissolved
- Add in sliced fresh strawberries and boil for 1-2 more minutes
- Let the syrup come to room temperature
- Once the syrup is cooled, using a for or potato masher, gently mash the strawberries to let out some of the juices
- Pour the syrup (with strawberries) into the Frosé before blending