Happy spring…It is hard to believe the spring season is already here! After a beautiful and fun filled week in San Diego with our girls and Oliver (still hard to believe we have three kids 🙂 )for spring break and coming home to this gorgeous warm weather…I am in the mood for some new light and fresh recipes!
While we were in California, we did all the kid friendly adventures but we also squeezed in some time to try out new restaurants and a few bakeries. I love the flavors and simplicity of the food they serve.
This Lemon Poppy Seed Yogurt Bundt Cake is bringing me back to the California flavors while we get back into the groove at home.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Large Lemon, zested (save the juice for the glaze)
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, butter and flour bundt pan
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt (set aside)
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, lemon zest and poppy seeds
- Alternate flour mixture and yogurt to wet ingredients until smooth and thick
- Spread cake batter into prepared bundt pan
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden and cake springs back when you touch it
- Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes before removing it from the pan
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the *Lemon Glaze
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth and the desired consistancy
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the bundt cake
- Serve and Enjoy!