For my 2nd year to be involved in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, I was excited to share these yummy oatmeal chocolate cranberry cookies. Although I have been a part of several cookie exchanges this year, this one is very special; we got to share our cookies with three fellow food bloggers and most importantly it benefits a great cause, Cookies for Kids Cancer.
With so many cookies to choose from, I chose a one of my favorite classic oatmeal cookies, but added a holiday twist. With the addition of cranberries, chocolate chunk, pistachios and a white chocolate drizzle, I may never go back to the original recipe.
Just as excited as I was to share my cookies and recipe with three bloggers, I loved receiving cookies from the talented ladies behind Yumology and Pint Sized Baker. These ladies made this cookie exchange very special with incredible cookies and cute packaging to go along with them. Check out their cookie recipes as well as many others at Yumology and Pint Sized Baker.
- 1 cup butter, unsalted (2 sticks)
- 2 cus brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- ½ cup pistachios, chopped (optional topping)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips, melted (optional topping)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- cream butter and brown sugar
- add in eggs (one at a time) and vanilla extract
- combine flour, baking soda, salt and oats and add to butter mixture
- mix until all ingredients are combined
- using a spatula, fold in dried cranberries and chocolate chunks
- scoop 1 ounce cookie dough balls and place onto parchment lined pan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown
- once cookies are cooled, drizzle each cookie with melted white chocolate and chopped pistachios (optional)
- store in an airtight container