We are almost one week away from my favorite day of the year, Thanksgiving! I don’t know about you, but I love everything about this day; the most delicious food, our family is together all day, and there is no pressure of gifts. Once we sit down for dinner, we don’t get up for a long time. We eat until we can’t eat any more and then my family has a tradition to go around the table and say what we are thankful for. It is really a wonderful tradition that brings out a lot of laughs and some tears, we reflect on everything the year has brought us. I am so Thankful for the year that has passed, it has been such a wonderful time in my families life watching our two little ones grow and evolve into the funny, silly and caring girls they are. We are so blessed to have so many kids in our life bringing so much joy!!! And, our family is growing with another little one coming this week, I will have a new nephew. This is what life is all about!
I am also so thankful for my love of baking. The kitchen is truly my happy place, whether I have a moment alone or my girls are sitting on the counter watching me and trying to eat everything I make As I start my holiday baking, this is one of my go to, simple and actually requires no baking. Rums Balls are the size of a truffle, a strong rum flavor and are coated with sugar crystals for the perfect crunch. Enjoy these for a holiday dinner or share them as a gift this season!
- 1 1/2 Cups Pecan, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Vanilla Wafers, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Corn Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Rum
- Sugar Crystals (for coating)
- In a food processor, finely chop pecan pieces and vanilla wafers; place in a medium bowl
- Add powdered sugar, cocoa powder, corn syrup and rum to pecan mixture
- Stir ingredients together until fully combine and forms a ball
- Scoop 1" balls on to parchment paper and roll each ball until smooth
- Dip and roll each rum ball into sugar crystals until fully coated
- Chill the rum balls for until ready to serve