The creamiest vanilla bean ice cream sandwiched between two soft, chewy, and cinnamon sugar coated snickerdoodle cookies is sure to create the best Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwich! This will be a warm weather treat win!
Happy May 1st! We are officially in warm weather season and honestly I have absolutely loved everything about these past few weeks. We have lived outside all day, from riding bikes, lemonade stands, eating dinner on our back patio…it has kind of felt like a mini vacation. It is finally feeling like spring and there is nothing more perfect to celebrate the season then with snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches.
Although chocolate chip cookies always wins the vote in this house, Snickerdoodle Cookies are another favorite cookie that is sometimes forgotten. The flavors are so simple and the texture is soft and fluffy and why wouldn’t your want to add your favorite vanilla bean ice cream in between two cookies. The consistency of this cookie is the perfect match to make into an ice cream sandwich, it is soft enough to be frozen and the cinnamon sugar coated on the outside adds a touch of crunch!
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Favorite Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside
- In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until pale yellow and fluffy
- Add in eggs, one at a time
- Add Flour mixture in and beat until dough comes together
- In a separate bowl, combine the cinnamon sugar topping; granulated sugar and cinnamon
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop dough into equal size round balls and place on a parchment lined sheet pan
- Roll each dough ball in cinnamon sugar topping and place back on sheet pan evenly spaced apart
- Bake for 8-10 minute
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow the cookies to cool completely
- Scoop your favorite vanilla bean ice cream onto one cookie and add another cookie on top
- Repeat until all cookies are sandwiched
- Wrap cookie in plastic wrap and freeze until ready to serve!