I often get the question of “how do you do this” or “what would you recommend for…” and these questions are all about baking! After 10 years of being a professional pastry chef and going through all my trial and errors, I have decided to share with you some sweet nuggets that might get you through baking a little easier. Everyone is going to make mistakes in the kitchen, but I am here to help you avoid it as much as possible. What are some of your baking question?
A little lesson on Eggs:
- “Eggs” in a recipe typically mean Grade A, Large Eggs
- Leftover egg whites can be frozen…just pull them out of the freezer the night before you are going to use them
- Brown vs. White: only tells you the breed of the hen that laid it, it does not indicate quality or nutritional value
- Eggs whites and yolks separate best cold
- Egg whites whip best at room temperature
- 1 large egg weighs 50 grams: egg white=30 grams/egg yolk=20 grams (quantities may vary a little due to size)